Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Lists Every Great Dane Owner Could Probably Make

I have loved Great Danes for as long as I can remember. I think they're adorable, and they have the most gentle and goofy personalities. I honestly didn't anticipate exactly how goofy and ridiculous my Great Dane would be. I also did not anticipate how many idiotic comments walking her would garner.

So, without further adieu, if you're thinking about getting a Great Dane, here's every list you'll ever need.


Conversations you will have while you're walking your Great Dane:

  • That's a big dog! Wait, you're telling me this dog is not small? My whole life is a lie!
  • Wow, what kind of dog is that? She's a Great Dane. Really? I've never seen one that color. Well...they come in this color.
  • Wow, what kind of dog is that? She's a Great Dane. Really? He looks more like a lab to me. How many 140 pounds Labrador retrievers have you met? 
  • Wow, what kind of dog is that? She's a Great Dane. Wow, he's big! Thank you for believing that I know what kind of dog I have. Now, let's work on calling her a "she".
  •  You could put a saddle on that thing! I have never heard that one before! I bet you are really great at parties!
  • Gee, he must eat a lot! First of all she is a girl, second of all, not really.
  •  Wow! He must make some really big poops! Ah, yes, the conversation starter of the ages: feces.

 Things you will say while walking your Great Dane (or maybe this just Lola):

  • Lola, don't eat that!
  • Lola, spit it out!

And on that note, things your Great Dane will eat:

  • Bags of flour (3 times)
  • Entire pot of spaghetti


  • Entire Loaves of bread (Probably has happened about 20-30 times if I'm being honest)
  • Entire, fresh apple pie on Christmas day
  • Tub of Butter
  • Jar of peanut butter (3 times)
  • An entire pizza
  • 30 packs of peanut butter crackers (at once)
  • Any dishes that have any sort of food residue on them



Things Great Danes are afraid of:

  • Thunder
  • Fireworks
  • Cats



  • The washing machine
  • The vacuum
  • Plastic bags blowing in the wind
  • Statues
  • Halloween Decorations

  • Fountains
  • Puddles
  • Water in general
  • Storm drains
  • Halloween Decorations
  • Their own shadow

Things I would trade it for

  •  Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment